OAS certification is awarded to the Authorized Economic Operator who meets the requirements of the OAS program of the Internal Revenue Service, whose purpose is to minimize risks and increase the reliability and agility of international trade transactions.
Normative Instruction RFB No. 1985/2020 establishes the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) as an intermediary of foreign trade operations in Brazil. It is attested by the Irs for the movement of goods in the international logistics chain, whether an importer or an exporter.
In addition, the OAS may be a carrier, cargo agent, warehouse of goods under customs control in a customs area, in A Special Enclosure (Redex), port or airport operator.
The certificate’s compliance is voluntary, but the benefits are very attractive, as this attests to due compliance with the criteria defined by the Normative Instruction, even if the non-compliance to the OAS program does not limit the performance of the mediators in any operation in the international logistics chain.
The OAS certification must be granted to the company’s headquarters and identified by the CNPJ (National Registry of Legal Entities), however the benefits are extended to all establishments (branches) of the company.
What are the benefits of AEO certification?
The general benefits, which are extended to all certification modalities and are healthy
- disclosure of the information of the certified mediator on the RFB page to legitimize the reliability of the certification offered for printing.
- possibility of using the “AEO” logo according to the specifications of RFB Ordinance No. 768/15 through the AEO Brand Manual;
- priority in the evaluation of the fulfillment of other modalities for certification;
- advantages in Mutual Recognition Agreements (ARM) signed between the RFB and customs in other countries;
- participation of the Advisory Forum in the formulation of proposals to amend customs legislation and procedures;
- dispensation of requirements fulfilled in the OAS in customs clearance transactions;
- participation in seminars and training organized jointly with the EqAEO.
- Reduction of the percentage of conference channels in export;
- conference priority of the EDs selected for inspection;
- dispensation of warranty in Customs Transit;
- priority access of OAS carriers to customs enclosures.
For level 1 and 2 compliant operators, the advantages are:
- response to the tax classification consultation within 40 days, provided that the requirements are met through a specific SODEA;
- waiver of warranty in Temporary Admission for economic use;
- possibility of using the Cargo Patio for 24 hours in the aerial modal;
- rectification of DIs in reduced batches (quantities equal to or greater than fifty declarations).
Tier 2 AEO-C operators can still benefit from:
- reduction of the percentage of selection channels on import;
- immediate parameterization of IDs (Import Declaration);
- conference priority of the selected IDs;
- early registration of the import declaration by means of waterway;
- admission to the Green Channel in temporary situations, which dispenses with time-consuming and costly processes such as documentary examination and the verification of the goods.
OAS certification ensures competitive advantage for logistics operators. It is a great differential, because it attests to the reliability and suitability of rfb requirements during customs movement.